Friday, July 01, 2005

Coming Home

We just got back from being gone for a week. We had Christmas in June on my side and then stayed with Keith's parents for the rest of the time. We went to the Children's Museum, Minnesota Zoo, Underwater World at the Mall of America, MN state capital, St. Paul Cathedral and of course I got to go to garage sales! It was a busy week full of fun and tons of activity. We went down with a full vehicle and somehow found a way to come home with even more. Keith was able to do some things for his parents like stain the deck and cut down low branches in the yard.

Even for as much fun it was, I have to admit that it is wonderful to be home. It makes me think about how wonderful it will be to go home to heaven on that glorious day. Coming home to my earthly home is nothing in comparison. I've been thinking about Heaven for some time now. As this world gets more and more "dark", Heaven is more and more appealing. A friend of mine said, "I can't wait to go to Heaven, if only for the fact that I won't have to struggle with 'self' anymore." How right that is! That seemingly never-ending battle to die to self, will actually come to an end. We will be able to see the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and be a part of the throng worshipping Jesus!

In the midst of living "life", I don't want to loose sight of where I'm going.

1 comment:

Japheth said...

We missed you!! I wanted so bad to call you guys this week but you were GONE!!! Glad to have you home!