Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Imperfection

Ah, yes. Another day in which I am reminded that I am an imperfect mama with imperfect children.

They didn't behave correctly and I didn't respond correctly.
I didn't behave correctly and they didn't respond correctly.

(Believe it or not, there are times that I don't behave correctly and God uses them to respond correctly. Very humbling.)

A friend once told me, "Try as I might, I have not been able to find an example of a perfect family in the Bible."

The flesh in me wants to find comfort in this (No one is perfect, so it's OK. I can let things slide and not feel bad about it.), but I can't. It is yet another reminder that we are part of a fallen race.

Thankfully, we do know one Person that was perfect, Jesus Christ. Fully God and fully man. Though we are sinful people, needing God's grace to enable us to repent and return to Him...repeatedly..., we have an example of the One in which we are to strive to be like. Not in our own strength, but through His strength.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Cor 12:9

Lord, please help me to not give up hope. I know that only You can change me for Your glory, so that I can touch those around me, not with my sinful nature, but with Your nature. I run to You...again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful prayer...did you write it or copy it from somewhere?
~Laura

JOE B said...

"I run to You - again." I am so thankful that God doesn't put a limit on the times we can run to Him. Since I am not perfect, I am running to HIm again and again and again. It is sad on my part that I have to run back to Him, but it is awesome that He lets me do it.
God bless, Joe

Pilgrim said...

My son fell down the stairs today. Not perfect, either.

Destination...Gloryland! said...

LollyJane, yes I did write this prayer. I have to pray it often.

Joe b, I too am so thankful for God's grace and mercy.

Julana, our imperfectons come out in many ways.

Thanks to all of you for stopping by!