Monday, July 11, 2005

God Leads Us Along

Today I've had the hymn "God Leads Us Along" going through my head. It talks of how "God leads His dear children along" through wondrous green pastures and on the mount where the sun shines so bright, but also through the valley in the darkest night...but ultimately "away up in glory, eternity's day"!

A week ago, we had church campout. After singing a few songs, we were asked if we had anything that we were thankful for that we wanted to share. One person said, "the faithful that have gone before us". Oh, how thankful I am for those that have endured so much for their faith! My little inconveniences and frustrations are miniscule compared to the suffering unto death, in this earthly life, that many, many have endured. Oh, to have the relationship with Christ such that I would not deny Him, even at death's door!

God Leads Us Along chorus:

Some thro' the waters,
some thro' the flood,
some thro' the fire,
but all thro' the blood;

Some thro' great sorrow,
but God gives a song;
In the night season and all the day long.

I want to sing a song of love, thankfulness and faithfulness to God, in the midst of whatever circumstances He allows to come my way. If God chooses to allow the flood or fire to cross my path of life, may the blood of Christ cover it all...that He may be glorified and praised!

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

The older you get, the more those words come to mean.