Friday, July 15, 2005

This is a test

You know that alarming tone that comes on the radio when there is going to be a message of the Emergency Broadcast System? We had storms go through our area a couple weeks ago and having the radio on to keep track of when to go into our "shelter area", we heard that signal of a long medium tone, long high tone and three beeps a few times.

As I'm learning about God's divine plan for accountability, I am learning (very slowly) that I need to allow my husband to lead this family and I'm also learning that there are many, many areas in which I'm not letting him lead. We are all accountable to God in regards to how we follow His directions set forth in Scripture, whether we have come to agree with them or not. Let me just say that my husband is perfect for me. He has this amazing insight into the struggles within me regarding letting him lead. There has been many a time that he has known how to handle this ranting and raving, or sullen and pouting woman.

Unfortuately, it is often after I have "gotten my way" that I realize that I failed God's test. I may have won the "battle" about how to do this or that, but I know that I am losing the war in regards to submission to God's plan, in respect to my husband and in an example to my children.

Every once in awhile lately, I am encouraged to find that I am hearing the Holy Spirit's tone in the radio of my spirit before I make fatal mistakes in word or action...long medium tone, long high tone, and three beeps..."this is a test of God's divine plan for families...this is a vital test". There seems to be many aspects to this test of His- words, actions, attitude. I'm quite a slow learner, but I am passing the tests (maybe just barely) every once in awhile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ranting and Raving... hmmm, can't realy picture that one! :-)
For what it's worth, I have seen a big change in the last year or so and it is very becoming of a woman of God.

Keep up the good work!

Aimee said...

Tests . . . yeah talk about the parenting tests too! I fail so often . . . sometimes nobody but God and my children are around other times others see the failures and mistakes I make.

Lord empower me with your strength to pass ALL these tests!

Destination...Gloryland! said...

Anonymous, thanks for the encouragement. It seems though as soon as one test is over, whether I passed it or not, another is right behind. Glad to know that someone sees improvement.

Aimee, it's nice to know someone who is at the same season of life and struggles with many of the same things. Makes it easier to pray for you too!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Oh, I fail so many of my tests....thank you for reminding me that it is NOT about me...that many of my daily encounters are tests....
I heard Him in Your words---THANK YOU!
Warmly,
Ann V HolyExperience