Sunday, July 10, 2005

Joyful singing

Ever since my first pregnancy, I have prayed for joy in our home. God graciously granted that request in our children. We have three smily, energetic, joyful children. Even now, Micah is bouncing away in his bouncer in the doorway, screeching and giggling. We are very blessed.

One way that this joy has been expressed is in my children breaking into song around our house. All of a sudden, Joshua will start bellowing out, "There is power, power, wonder working power... in the blood... of the Lamb!" Joshua has loved to sing from the get-go. When he was 2, he was singing, "oly, oly, oly, lode, God amitey" (Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord, God Almighty). We even have that on tape...it's so precious. Other favorites of Laura and Joshua's is "Standing on the Promises" and "I'd Rather Have Jesus". There is many a night or morning that Laura goes to sleep or wakes up singing. What special music to my ears!

"Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing."
Psalm 100:2

1 comment:

Pilgrim said...

Too bad you don't live closer. :-) My son could use some playmates.

That seems to me to be amazingly early vocabulary development. I guess they will grow into more and more understanding of those concepts, as the years go by. Those words really have to stretch their brains way beyond Sesame Street.