Friday, July 08, 2005

God said...

Last night Keith came home with a $4.50 styrofoam airplane with a 4+ wingspan. He said that he just couldn't resist it. So last night we put it together and went outside to fly the mock airliner. We had a great time. We then came in and Keith glued it to permanently put it together and placed it on top of our cupboards to dry. I told Laura and Joshua that I would get it down tomorrow to play with it some more.

This morning all I have heard (especially from Joshua) is, "Mom, can I play with the airplane?", "Mom, can you get the airplane down?", and "Mom, is the airplane dry yet?" I kept reminding them that we needed to eat breakfast first and try feeding Micah rice for the first time. Finally, they were quiet for awhile.

I have been trying to encourage my children to pray and understand that it is a conversation with God. We have "quiet time" at our house in which we are all supposed to read (or look at picture Bible books) and pray. Afterward, I will occasionally ask if God said anything to them. Most of the time Joshua doesn't say that God said anything. Laura has said that God and Jesus sing "Jesus loves me" to her. That gives me warm fuzzies.

So today I am sitting at the table eating, enjoying the reprieve from questions regarding the airplane.

Joshua then says, "Mom, God talked to me."
"Oh?" ...encouraged that maybe he is getting the idea about prayer.
"He said that I should have that airplane."

And about Micah and feeding him rice for the first time...it was not a hit.

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Who are you to argue with God? :-)

Japheth said...

Just wait till he's in bed and "God tells him he can get up!"

-Japheth