Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Blessed beyond measure

As I was sewing yesterday, my bobbin thread went out...just where I would have had to cut it anyway. I didn't even notice until I went to cut my threads. "Thank you, God!", I thought. I have lots of things to be thankful for.

A friend invited me to come and pick raspberries with her from her patch. We have been having very hot and humid weather around here, so she and I were trying to determine that window of time that would be past the worst of mosquitoes and before the heat of the day. God decided to bless us by having a cold front come through. I even had a light jacket on! It was cool and windy. Absolutely perfect for raspberry picking. I was more concerned about my 7 month old allowing me to pick, but he sat quietly under a blanket in his stroller for the majority of the time. Yes, we did have to live with some drizzling, but I didn't mind a bit.

This past weekend we got four interior doors mounted in our house. I had actually forgotten what a blessing doors were, after not having any for over a year now during our moving/building transition. Of course our curtain for the bathroom worked just fine, but now doors! L and J got doors for their bedrooms too. They have been having fun knocking at each other's "house".

There are many people who will never see a sewing machine, be able to eat fresh raspberries, or have doors. More importantly and tragically, many people did not, have not or will not know the love and saving grace of Christ.

Yes, I am very blessed. Blessed in the "little" things of this life and the biggest thing... eternal salvation.

Blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Oh, I envy you those raspberries. I'm eating a lot of Michigan blueberries. THis seems to be a great year for good tasting fruit.

Japheth said...

Isn't it like God to do so many little things for us that we never notice? Once our eyes are opened to them, it really makes you feel humble!