Monday, May 08, 2006

Lovin' His creation

This is our pond, er... swamp. It all depends on the time of year and how much rain we've had. Currently the "peepers" are in full swing and the noise at night is almost deafening. In fact, my daughter said that they were hurting her ears.

This weekend we had some friends over whose children know the art of catching tadpoles. While we watched through the window, they had a marvelous time. Next thing we knew, there was a plastic cup full of small morphing critters on the dining room table. My children tried it on their own today. No tadpoles, but they enjoyed the attempt immensely.

We also may have a new couple on the premises. We've seen a Mr. and Mrs. Duck a few times. I tried to take a picture of Mr. Duck today. Here's me without camoflage duds walking out in the open, trying to "sneak up" on my feathered friend. Of course he swam to the protection of some weeds. I hid behind the tree for quite some time. Finally he came out. I pulled out my camera ever so quietly, ready. Just as I was about to take a picture, he took to flight. Ah. Maybe I'll try again after I have my camo outfit made. :) Regardless, it is such a joy to look out my kitchen window and see them swimming about.


Here are my chilins bouncing on a tree branch. This popple tree fell down across our driveway and my husband just cut it off and was hauling it away when they asked him to leave it so they could play on it. Gotta love God's playground.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Looks like fun!!!