Friday, March 10, 2006


Yesterday the children and I went to a baby shower for a soon-to-be new mommy. It was a lot of fun. Of course the small children all crowded around her to see all the new baby gifts as she opened them. We had to resort to "taking turns" to hand her the next present!

I found a pattern for making our "cake" gift here. My daughter and I had so much fun making it. The layers are made with recieving blankets that I made from fleece material. The white "flowers" are booties. Fill in with teethers, ribbon, netting flowers and voila!

This idea could be used for wedding gifts too. Maybe using towels or something. Just let the creative juices run.
Rom 12:15
Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

KJV

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat!! Every now and then I drop by and catch up on your blog - I enjoy reading your thoughts. Carolyn Miller

Anonymous said...

That is SO CUTE. I might have to try that idea sometime.

Destination...Gloryland! said...

Oh you guys are so sweet. :) It sure makes it more fun to post when people take the time to let me know that they stopped by.

Momof3 said...

VERY cute idea! I checked out the site you mentioned and was impressed with the creativity!
~Lez