Tuesday, March 14, 2006

On That Day

Lord, I ache for more of You. But do I ache enough? Do I ache enough to be who You want me to be...with my whole heart? Am I willing to change, to sacrifice...to die to myself so that You can envelop my entire being?

In the end, it's just You and me.

When it comes to my salvation, it doesn't matter if I have a godly husband or not. It doesn't matter the quality of the church I attend or the friends have. It doesn't really matter on That Day whether I looked good on the outside and did many acts of service. Even the heathen do that.

No one else can stand in proxy for me regarding the eternal destination of my soul. No one else can do it for me. It's intensely personal.

You know my heart, Lord.

Some may say that I'm doing great on this road called Christianity. Some may say that I have work to do, but I'm on the right road. Some say that I've missed it all together and am horribly deceived.

What others think won't even cross my mind on That Day. And it shouldn't matter today. It's only what You think that matters at all.

I want to please You, honor You and serve You with a heart of worship, in everything that I do, whether it be changing diapers, washing clothes or making a meal for someone that's hurting.

When I stand before You Lord, I want to hear You say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" Not for any crowns, but simply because I want to please You. I want to live totally for You. When I do that, everything else will be prioritized according to Your perfect understanding, will, and wisdom. Everything will be done in the light of You.

It's You and me, Lord. I can't do it in my own strength. I need Your Indwelling Spirit. I need You to walk with me. Please hold my hand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful prayer!

You wrote: No one else can stand in proxy for me regarding the eternal destination of my soul. No one else can do it for me.

Immediately, I thought of what Christ has done for us. Praise God that when we stand before the Lord we will not stand on our own merit but on what Jesus Christ has done for us!Isn't that the most glorious news in the whole world? :-)

Again, I loved your heartfelt prayer. Amen to it!

Destination...Gloryland! said...

Georgene,

YES! Praise the Lord that Jesus was willing to come and die for us, providing the only way for us to have eternal life. His blood covering our sinful nature. Praise the Lord that Jesus is interceeding on our behalf. It truly is a gift beyond comprehension, but yet SO REAL. A gift we individually need to choose in order to recieve.

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your thoughts and kind words.

no_average_girl said...

thank you so much for the sweet comment! it means so much to be in so many prayers!