Saturday, January 07, 2006

Krystal

Today a precious sister in the Lord is able to see Jesus face to face. This is a lady that had learned to live in each moment, having lived with the reality of the frailty of life for many years. I feel honored to have known Krystal, having experienced the blessing of gleaning from wisdom that God generously gave her, and in turn that wisdom effortlessly flowed out of her being to those around her.

I wrote of one such gleaning here.

I remember a day this last summer during church campout in which people were meandering around, enjoying the afternoon. Someone was also celebrating a birthday and those "party blowouts" that children (and adults) enjoy for birthday parties and to celebrate the New Year, were found lying around. Krystal decided that she wasn't going to let only the children have fun. She took hers and went up behind a child and blew it right next to them, hitting them in the head with the unrolling paper. She received a few looks of amazement from onlookers and many laughs, likely from those that desired to have such a carefree and celebratory attitude at their ages as well. Krystal celebrated life. She loved life.

She talked of learning to live in wonder, as a child, amazed at God's magnificent handiwork all around her.

One of the last times that I talked with Krystal was when we had them over for supper before the family left for their annual 8 month residence in Pennsylvania, helping administer a Bible school. In response to my questions, she talked of the heartache of loosing two children when they were young. One to SIDS and the other to epilepsy. Yet her steadfast trust in God's sovereignty never wavered. Now she can see them again.

I think of her husband and 5 children, knowing that they have been through much in their lives, seeing Krystal near death at various times over the years. Even though thoughts of "How do our lives go on from here?" have been rehearsed many times, this time it's for real. How hard it is to explain to my children that "_______'s mom died today" and look the picture of their family over and over .

After many miraculous recoveries from heart ailments allowing her to stay with loved ones on this earth a bit longer, she experienced the best miracle today...the miracle of eternal life with her Lord and Savior. Through tears for myself and Krystal's family and friends, I am reminded over and over that there is a time to weep with those that weep and rejoice with those that rejoice. And while I weep for our loss, I rejoice with Krystal. She fought the fight of faith and won. Today, she is receiving the blessings of a life lived for God's glory and in His strength.

I can't wait to see you in heaven, Krystal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been so blessed by knowing the Val & Krystal, and especially the girls....my heart aches for their family.
Keeping you ALL in my prayers during this difficult time,
~Laura