Thursday, January 19, 2006

Birthday Party

What a special birthday party we had for my daughter last week! We don't do many big birthday parties at our house, but turning 5 is a milestone of sorts, so we took the plunge. Despite all that was going on, she was a real trooper in being flexible about when the party would happen and who could come. We've been working on accepting that "plans change". I think she takes change better than me now.

Keeping 8 girls of different ages busy with group activities can be challenging, but it went well. We started out with making picture frames and door hangers from foam templates, foam shapes of stars, hearts, bugs, and flowers and glitter glue. Keith took a group picture that we printed off to put in the frames. They had a blast with this.

I had to do "pin the nose on the snowman" because I can't draw donkeys!



I found this snowflake craft project here. Some of the older children at the party particularly loved this!

Here was the decisive blow of the piniata.


Decorating cupcakes is always fun too.

She was given some very special gifts...one was a homemade quilted baby blanket for her dolls from her grandmother.

All in all, it was a memorable time.

My baby is growing up! *sad sigh*

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Thanks a million for sharing with us about how to do those neat snowflakes! Last night I say one over at Dawson's and I thought Charissa must've done it. Wow, this will be fun!

Destination...Gloryland! said...

I can see it now, snowflakes hanging from the ceiling beams...

Have fun!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Laura!!!

Destination...Gloryland! said...

LollyJane, Laura wanted to write this to you:

"I hope to see you soon! Thanks for saying Happy Birthday!

Love, Laura"