Tuesday, January 24, 2006

He doesn't do dishes but...

I have a wonderful husband that helps me quite often with my household duties. He will vacuum, pick up toys and make beds...but he doesn't do dishes. That is a task that he just can't stand. If he's been home alone with the children all day and I come home to dishes washed, I know that he has done a true sacrifice for me.

In fact, when Keith first owned his own house, dishes would stack up on the counter for days he tells me. Finally one morning all the dishes were dirty and laying everywhere in the kitchen. Being fed up with the notion of having to do dishes, he went out and bought a dishwasher, took out the base cabinet, installed the dishwasher and washed all the dishes that night...quite pleased with himself, I might add.

Needless to say, I have never had to live without a dishwasher during my married life for more than a couple months this summer during our move!

I really like having a clean kitchen and a clean vehicle...another trait that I think I inherited from my mother. With my husband starting to work at home fixing other's vehicles, we have a large shop and a pressure washer. It feels like quite a luxury to just back the truck down the hill, drive into a heated shop and wash it. The only thing that I don't like about washing our truck is wrapping up the hose afterward. It's nothing like a regular water hose, although I don't like wrapping them up either. It is so stiff that you have to twist and turn it over and over so it makes the nice round loops that keep it usable for the next time.

Well, I finished washing the truck and I was becoming more and more frustrated with this hose that I was wrestling with. Keith was in the shop working on setting up his second hoist, quite engrossed in the project. Finally, my exasperated self asked, "If you don't do dishes, can I not do pressure washer hoses?"

He laughed and said, "Yes".

I have a wonderful husband.

1 comment:

Japheth said...

Ok!! Now no more grief from you over our agreement to have me to the "tick picking" and she changes diapers! (most of them) :-)