Friday, January 20, 2006

Beulah

We have a song in our old hymnal called Is Not This The Land of Beulah. The first time we sang it, it resonated with my spirit and it has been a favorite ever since.

So what is Beulah anyway? It's only found once in Scripture.


Isa 62:4
Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.KJV

The closest that I can come up with, after using our handy dandy PC Study Bible, is that Beulah means "to be married", "ownership" and "rule over". So, the land of Beulah is the land of my Savior, my eternal Husband. I long to be in heaven with my Lord and this song conveys my thoughts and feelings well.

I've wanted to try this for some time, but I'm a bit technically-challenged, so this has taken some doing...but here is my husband's and my first attempt at uploading me singing. This is not a professional recording by any means, and wasn't intended to be. I pray that those whose names are in the Lamb's Book of Life can join me in visualizing standing in Gloryland with our Groom and singing:

Is not this the land of Beulah
Blessed, blessed land of light,
Where the flowers bloom forever,
And the sun is always bright


Click here to be taken to the URL where this is saved and click on whether you want it played by streaming or if you want to download it.

I would be very interested to know if anyone has difficulty listening to the song or has any better ideas for me on how to do this sort of thing. It's 2.3 MB, the smallest size in mp3 I could make.

I have called CCLI regarding copyrights and there is no copyright information available. If anyone knows if this is not public domain, please contact me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented. This was so good to hear your voice. And such a touching song. I love all your blogs and can't wait till you do the next one. Love, MD

Destination...Gloryland! said...

Thanks MD! :o)

Roberta said...

You have a lovely voice. I have this song on a CD somewhere, sung accapella by a men's group...can't remember who.

Anonymous said...

We were blessed with your song "Beulah" from Church and Sunday School hymnal. Especially in light of recent passing into glory of Crystal. Thanks sooo much. JH

Destination...Gloryland! said...

Roberta and JH, thank you. You are very kind. I pray that God was glorified...

Aimee said...

I think your singing is beautiful . . . I think God is happy with how you use it. And I love hearing the Kitchi Ladies Trio!!!!!!!! Please . . . we're ready for more. I wish Delight was here year round just for that!