Monday, January 23, 2006

I don't get it

This is what I found my son wearing on his feet the other day.




I really don't get it. We have tried telling him over and over to wear two of the same shoes. I can accept him wearing shoes on the wrong feet, he's 3 after all, but what is the logic? I know, I know, there is no logic, he's 3 after all.

The other day, I was horrified to realize, as I was getting the three kiddos out of the truck and into Walmart, that he had on one church shoe and one rubber boot. I was hoping that I was in enough of a hurry at the store that people didn't have time to notice.

Later when we were at a friend's house and she took a double-take at his feet, I saved her words for her and said, shaking my head, "I know... I know."

Is my son alone in this interesting shoe-matching skill? Maybe I don't want to know.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

Great picture! I can sympathize. We have that same problem with shoes AND socks! My 5 year old hobbles around in her favorite dress-up footwear...ONE too small tap shoe. sigh!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you had a wonderful home-birth as well.
Blessings~
Roberta :)

Momof3 said...

Nice picture of you for your profile! It's easier to associate one with their posts sometimes, once you can see what they look like! =] God bless you!
~Lez