Monday, August 22, 2005

Clean Windows

I think that I am finally on the upswing of this cold. It has hit hard and taken it's toll, but it feels wonderful to have some energy again. The weather has been perfect too. So what did I do today? I washed windows. I didn't know that they were quite that dirty.

My grandma wrote some memories of her childhood during her college years and I recently was able to get a copy of them. One memory of hers was that her mother always wanted the dining room windows washed because it made her "feel better". I now totally understand. It made me feel better too.

I felt like I could touch the trees while standing inside. All of a sudden there was no barrier between my inside world and the outside. I just stood there...loving the clean, loving the light.

This weekend we had some friends over for a meal that we haven't had over for quite some time. I took the opportunity to ask for forgiveness for something that I did a long time ago and has recently been bothering me. She didn't even remember it, but forgave me anyway. :) Even so, I had a lightness in my step afterward. The window was clean again between my friend and I and between my Lord and I. Dirt, debris, cobwebs and bugs were wiped away. I felt closer to my Lord. My relationship with Him seemed cleaner and brighter.

Ah, to have sin forgiven and be wiped clean in renewed communion with Him! Much better than even having clean windows.

No comments: