Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Baby Wrapping

A couple posts ago I mentioned getting some material for doing the baby wrap when our new one arrives. I had a question from someone regarding what that is.

I'm new to the concept myself, but it sounds wonderful to be able to use a long length of material to wrap your baby to yourself in various ways: on your back, side or front. It all sounds very intriguing for a mother with three other children who needs about 20 hands.

My favorite site so far on this topic is http://www.mamatoto.org/. Here they tell you what type and amount of material you need, along with many pictures and diagrams for the different types of wraps. There are tons of people making baby carriers/wraps out there, but let's just say they aren't giving them away.

So, when baby arrives and if I like this "wrap thing", I'll post about it with pictures.

3 comments:

ampraisingHim said...

That's a neat idea. I'd be interested in seeing if you like it or not. I know traditionally some Native Americans wrapped their infants on a cradleboard. I think at times the cradleboards were strapped to the mother, or put down. The way the cradle board was made it could be used as a crib if need be. Keep us posted. :)

Dawn said...

Awww I didn't know you were expecting! When? Boy or girl? How exciting!!! My best wishes go out to you and DH!!!!! :-)

Destination...Gloryland! said...

Should be the end of January sometime and we don't know if we're having a boy or girl. We're all excited here, but honestly, pregnancy is not my favorite. I'm trying to learn how to treasure this time as well.