Tuesday, September 06, 2005

An exercise in Truth

Believing the lies can come easily at times, but I need to exercise my spiritual muscles in the Truth. Here is the tip of the iceberg:

God is bigger than my shortcomings
God loves me enough to have sent His Son to die for me (Matt 1:21, John 3:16)
People will fail me, but God will never fail me
God will never give me more than I can handle
I need not fear the future because God has it in control (1 Peter 3:12-14)
God has not left me comfortless (John 14:18)
The joy of the Lord is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10)
If I trust in the Lord, He will direct my steps (Proverbs 3:5-6)
If I repent, He will forgive (Luke 13:3-5)
There is rightful and wrongful suffering on this earth (1 Peter 2:20, Psalm 34:19)
Emotions will often lead me astray
I need to give up control so that God can be in control

Lord, please help me to continually ingest your Truth to crowd out the lies that try to entangle me. You are the only One that can change me on the inside so that I can be who you want me to be. I will lift mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help...

I'm already feeling stronger :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UNC offers a minor in Christianity
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has begun offering a minor in Christianity to help students whom a professor says aren't able, regardless of their faith, to talk seriously about it.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a us dating agency site/. It pretty much covers us dating agency related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)