Thursday, August 17, 2006

God's Face

This afternoon my children were begging to walk down the gravel road to pick rosehips. I finally conceeded. When we arrived at the spot where the rosehips were ripe, I told them to stay there and I would walk up around the bend and get our mail. When I returned, my 5 year old daughter started in on her usual chatter.

"God was watching over us while you were gone and keeping us safe, wasn't He Mommy?" (I was only moments away mind you, but I have often told them about safety regarding strangers.)

"Yes."

"God was watching over you while you were getting the mail, wasn't He Mommy?"

"Yes."

"God is watching over everybody all over the place at the same time, isn't He Mommy?"

"Yes."

"God has a BIIIIIIG face, doesn't He Mommy?"

"Uhhhh...........yes."

5 comments:

Momof3 said...

I love the way she's confirming it all with you, "Mommy"! Such a tender young age!
~Kaylie's Mom

jump4joy said...

I love the understanding of a child and the way they put things together sometimes. Very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord...that is so cute!

ampraisingHim said...

What a wonderful post! Isn't it neat that some of the most profound spiritual insights come thru the viewpoint of children!

Sherry said...

Thanks for posting this. Getting a peek into a child's faith is always a delight. Thanks for commenting on my blog several months ago. I'm finally getting some breathing room to visit the blogs of all the kind women that commented. I will definately bookmark yours. Blessings.